Publicly Traded Companies Associated With Psychedelic Investing.
Today I focused on analytics rather than self-contemplation, because of this:
Therefore, I did some research and am presenting for your attention on a short list:
- Numinus (TSXV: $NUMI) was the first publicly-traded company in Canada to be granted a license by Health Canada to conduct psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy and research. CEO & Founder is Payton Nyquvest. He is focused on early-stage companies in multiple industries including technology, health-care/biotech, cleantech, and Cannabis.
- Thoughtful Brands Inc. (PEMTF) is an e-commerce tech company that researches, produces, markets, and distributes natural health products through various brands in NA and EU. Via several strategic acquisitions, the company has obtained a market share in the CBD market as well as entering the psychedelic medicine sector.
- Codebase Ventures Inc. (CSE:CODE, FWB:C5B, OTC QB: BKLLF) is led by a team that invests in early-stage ideas in emerging sectors and markets, including cannabis, technology, and select cryptocurrencies. Codebase Ventures has formed Code Cannabis Investments, which is focused on identifying cannabis assets and start-ups that require capital and expertise to accelerate their business models and scale to meet the demands of the market.
- GreenStar Biosciences (CSE: GSTR, OTC Pink: GTSIF) is a company focused on growth-oriented technologies with its core interest in transformational medicines and wellness. In particular, the company is targeting the psychedelic market in large part thanks to acquisitions and development of assets, products, and technologies. The CEO Tom Baird recently shared that through Eleusian they filed for a fourth provisional patent in the Psychedelic medicine space. Eulisian plans to initiate human clinical trials of the combination of Psilocybin and NAC in the treatment of mTBI with PTSD or PTSD alone in collaboration with investigators at the University of Miami and other leading clinical research institutions. According to the PR on 21.09.2020 the company announced that it has completed the first closing of its previously announced non-brokered private placement of units (the “Units”) of up to Cdn $4,000,000 (the “Offering”) for gross proceeds of $831,748.16 (the “First Tranche Closing”). The First Tranche Closing consisted of the issuance of an aggregate of 10,396,852 Units at a price of $0.08 per Unit.
- Cybin Corp is focused on psychedelic drug development, unique delivery mechanisms, improved novel compounds, and protocols that target psychiatric and neurological conditions. The company has a strategic partnership with the Toronto Centre for Psychedelic Science (TCPS). Cybin intends to work alongside the TCPS in order to help determine the safety and efficacy of psilocybin-based microdosing. The CEO Doug Drysdale shared in one of the interviews: “with the recent scientific renaissance of psychedelics for the treatment of mental illness, I was excited to be a part of a team that has the opportunity to develop approved medications for patients in need.”
- Revive Therapeutics (CSE: RVV,OTCQB: RVVTF) is focused on the research, development, and commercialization of novel therapies and technologies for the medical cannabis and pharmaceutical sectors. With its recent acquisition of Psilocin Pharma Corp., Revive will advance Psilocybin-based therapeutics in various diseases and disorders and will prioritize development efforts to take advantage of several regulatory incentives awarded by the FDA. Here you can read a great interview with the CEO Michael Frank.
- Red Light Holland (CSE: TRIP), (FSE: 4YX) (OTC: TRUFF) is a psychedelics company focused on the production and sale of a premium brand of “magic” truffles in the Netherlands. The company intends to target the Netherlands’ recreational psychedelics market, where the company is focused on its plan to create an EU GMP-certified production facility capable of producing and supplying medical-grade magic truffles. The team has established the Scarlette Lillie Science and Innovation division to explore the potential medical and health benefits of psilocybin and whole fungi-medicine. The CEO Todd Shapiro announced a launch of the iMicrodose Launch Event, which will be held tomorrow, September 25th, 2020, in Amsterdam at the A’DAM the Loft from 6–9 p.m (CEST).
- Aion Therapeutics (CSE: AION) intends to process raw cannabis to produce cannabis extracts for Canada’s medicinal and recreational cannabis markets. The company has also re-submitted its processing license application to Health Canada through the Indigenous Navigator program, which the Company believes will help expedite the licensing process.